SAP IS-RETAIL
So I was trying to understand how SAP IS-Retail actually gets installed. At first, I thought there might be a separate installer just for IS-Retail, but turns out that’s not how it works.
🔍 What I Learned
IS-Retail isn’t a standalone product—it’s built on top of SAP ERP.
That means you don’t go hunting for some special “IS-Retail installer.” You start by installing the right release of SAP ERP.
Once ERP is in place, you don’t magically get retail features until you switch them on. That’s where the switch framework comes in.
Basically, IS-Retail is like an add-on layer that you activate inside ERP rather than something you install separately.
✅ How It’s Done
Install SAP ERP with the release your project requires.
After ERP is up, enable IS-Retail in the switch framework.
SAP has a note (FAQ on setting the retail switch) that explains how to do this.
Once the switch is active, the retail-specific functions become available.
📌 Lesson Learned
The tricky part is realizing there’s no separate “IS-Retail installation software.” It’s all about ERP first, then flipping the right switches. Easy to miss if you’re expecting a dedicated installer.
No comments:
Post a Comment