SAP LICENSE
When I was asked to confirm what SAP products we were actually licensed for versus what we were using, I went straight to the License Utilization Information (LUI) application. It’s basically SAP’s cockpit for license visibility, and it saved me from digging through contracts manually.
🔍 Getting Into LUI
First thing I realized: LUI isn’t open to everyone. Only Super Admins can access it directly.
For other S-users in the company to see it, the Super Admin has to assign the right profiles in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. So I had to coordinate with our admin team to make sure the right people got access.
⚙️ What I Did
Logged into the SAP ONE Support Launchpad and opened LUI.
Reviewed the overview screen—it showed our current license consumption against entitlements.
Broke it down by on-premises access licenses and cloud access licenses, since we’re running a hybrid setup.
Exported the data so I could share it with management and compare against what we thought we had in our contracts.
📌 Why This Was Important
Here’s the thing: license checks aren’t just a technical exercise. They’re about money and compliance.
If we’re over-consuming, SAP can hit us with penalties during audits.
If we’re under-utilizing, we’re wasting budget on licenses we don’t need.
Having visibility means we can plan migrations (like moving more workloads to cloud) without surprises.
For me, the big takeaway was: LUI gives you confidence. Instead of guessing or relying on outdated spreadsheets, you get a real-time view of entitlements versus usage. That’s critical when you’re advising management or preparing for an audit.
No comments:
Post a Comment